Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 is about GETTING IT DONE!

Well for me it is anyway :) AND I have a plan...or a semblance of a plan...or at least an idea? LOL

So Judy over at Patchwork Times is having a 2013 Getting it Done challenge and I just couldn't resist joining in! I have A LOT of UFOs...the word "OBSCENE" comes to mind (would you agree, Peggy?) so I've decided that 2013 will be my year of getting it done! I spent the last 2 weeks of 2012 prepping quilt backs, cutting batting, and cleaning and organizing my sewing room, so I'm about as prepared as a quilter can be! I currently have a stack of 9 quilts for my frame, about 9 more in my sewing room to prep backings for, and some stashed in a basement tote!

Here is my list of the 4 items I will get done for January:

1) Get the binding and label on my Orca Bay quilt.

2) Finishing quilting, bind and label the Picture This quilt for a family member.

3) Quilt, bind and label a second quilt made from the leftover components from #2.

4) Finish the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery, Easy Street, to the point of a quilt top.

I will be updating my blog periodically as I make progress on these projects, so stay tuned! January is typically my most productive month...now the task for me will to keep that momentum going for the rest of the year! Here's to a productive 2013 of Getting it Done!

7 comments:

The Other Barb said...

I'll be cheering you on!

Unknown said...

Get'er done!

Michelle said...

Good job Robin!

Anonymous said...

That's a reasonable list, but you will be busy this month! Good luck with getting it all in.

Conni said...

One of my goals for January is to finish my Easy Street quilt, too. I had to put it on hold while my grandkids were here. I am ready to start Step 5!

Barbara said...

Be sure to update us in a few days, good luck!

Barbara said...

Be sure to update us in a few days, good luck!