Monday, July 6, 2009

Nature's Treasures




We were out in the front yard this afternoon, poking around and watering, when a robin flew out from our maple! Now since we live in a townhouse, we don't have a very big front yard, or even a very big maple (about 4 yrs old), but this robin was making herself right at home in our little tree! Would you believe that she built a pretty cup nest right at eye level on one of the lowest branches!!



Now being the curious nature-lover that I am, I had to stand on tip-toes to peek inside the nest! I put my camera above my head and snapped this nifty shot of Mama robin's treasures! She was waiting impatiently for me to finish with the shutterbugging so she could keep get back to the hatchin' business! LOL

I'm going to mind my own business til I know the babies have hatched..and then I'll see if I can get some additional pics! WikiAnswers.com tells me that they should be hatching in about 2 weeks...so check back around then!

3 comments:

floribunda said...

I guess now we know exactly what "robin's egg blue" is! How sweet!

Michelle said...

So sweet Robin! I can't wait to see your little birds. How cute they are "robins" too! :)

The Other Barb said...

beautiful blue eggs! can't wait to hear the "peep peep peep" of little birdies :)